When Christie asked me if I wanted to go to England as part of my holiday I first talked to my boss about it and he basically told me that I would be fired if I didn't add it on..okay, not quite, but he was serious about me adding London to my itinerary. Amit is from London and he told me that he would be in the country while I was there at his cousins wedding and then invited my friend and I to the wedding. Ha!
I asked him what one wears to such an event and he asked me if I had a saree, I told him I had one in every color, he told me I could borrow one from one of his cousins.
In the morning on Saturday, we went to the ceremony. The ceremony lasted for about three hours and midway through waiters came around and served ice cream. We were told that that isn't traditional, that was for Christie and I, the only two white people there (okay, thats not true, that it was just for us, it is true that we were the only white people there.) After the ceremony, the tradition is to eat a vegetarian lunch. After Amit finished with his million photos, he walked us through the buffet line to explain all of the dishes and how to eat them. We ate quickly and then headed out and to a local pub for some drinks, in our traditional garb.
We had some more drinks at the hotel and then got ready for the reception. The reception was huge and full of lots of music, dancing and fun! We had a blast.
*why is my name only ever associated with beverages?








1 comment:
What an awesome experience!
Post a Comment