Image Map

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

England - English Seaside



This is my last post recapping my holiday and I will admit that I am quite sad about it. I have loved reliving my trip through these posts. Well, I will admit that I need to now go through what gopro footage, so I may have more to share later...we shall see.

Anyway, let's get on with it. My last day on my vacation, Christie took me to the south coast of England. Our first stop was Beachy Head. It is rolling green hills, and white lime cliffs and picture perfect views. Apparently, when you go to the coast, it is required to get a Mr. Whippy ice cream cone. It isn't what you think...or it wasn't what I thought. I was expecting vanilla soft serve...nope, it's not that, and I can't even describe what it tasted like. Anyway, it was fine, I probably wouldn't get another...the cone was good... We walked along the steep cliffs enjoying the sunshine and breeze. It was the perfect day to be at the coast. 
On our drive to lunch, we stopped at Birling Gap and to see the seven sisters. It was another pebble beach and the water was much colder than in France, Barcelona and Tanzania. 
Then we headed onward to the Tiger Inn for lunch. There I checked a few more items off of the list (and we even added one more). I had a scotch egg, a ploughmans lunch and sticky toffee pudding (oh my freaking god. i think i can go as far to say as it was one of the most delicious things i have ever eaten...)

























After lunch we headed to the beach town of Brighton. It reminded me a lot of Santa Cruz. There is a cute pier with arcade games and roller coasters. It is quaint and the downtown was fun to walk through and stop into a wine bar to people watch (oh and get hassled by the homeless). I got to eat the last item on my must have list: Fish & Chips. 







My last day in England was beautiful and relaxing, which was exactly what I needed after spending the previous 24 days rushing around the world.
See you soon England! 

2 comments:

Allie said...

Gorgeous pictures!! I love Scotch Eggs... they are so so yummy. And Fish and Chips. Thanks for sharing your trip, it was great to live vicariously through you.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, this looks incredible!!