After the games, Christie and I headed to the London Heathrow Airport to stay in our hotel for the wedding we attended. More on that next...
On Sunday, we spent the morning relaxing and then headed back into London to Brick Lane to visit with some other friends we made in Peru. Story time...Christie and I met while traveling in Peru on our trek to Machu Picchu. She was traveling with three other friends from University and there were a few more people on our trek from England: there was a group of four gals and a couple. Because of technology, I have been able to keep in touch with everyone over facebook and video chats, which has been so great. So, when I decided to add London onto my itinerary, I made sure to reach out and make plans with the group. Seven people came out, from all around England and one girl even took the day off of work. It was such a treat to visit with everyone and everyone got along so well, it was like we were all drinking beers in Peru again. I absolutely loved it and I felt so loved! I can't wait to go back and visit for longer and drink more caipirinhas!!!
While I was in London, everyone was telling me the things that I absolutely had to eat. While we were all together, I was able to check off two items on the list: a sausage roll and a roast dinner. The sausage roll from this pub we were at was so good. I could eat 5 more. The roast dinner, ehhh....I can compare it to a Thanksgiving dinner. It was okay, not my favorite, but I am glad I tried it. The rest of the items on the list I checked off the next day on our trip to the South Coast of England.

No comments:
Post a Comment