Image Map

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Dating Apps



When I was married I always told friends who were looking to date or to find someone to use dating sites. I would say that if I was in their position I would do it because it is so hard to meet people organically (can I get an amen?). Now that I am in the dating game again (can I really say again? whatever..), apps and online sites were the last thing I wanted to get involved with. It is just so odd, to me, to think that I am basically judging someone on their looks, talking with them for a while and then going on a pseudo-blind date with them. But I guess that that is sort of what you do in a bar and the nerves are semi-removed from the whole experience.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago some friends signed me up for a couple of the dating apps and so far, I have chatted with a few people, haven’t met anyone in person and have had talked with some weirdos.

It is also an interesting feeling to be out in San Francisco and see guys in bars or walking on the sidewalk and think, “Oh my god, they have probably seen me on one of these sites...What are they thinking? Did they ‘like’ me? Ew, I wouldn’t like him...” The internal monologue goes on. Or, like yesterday, I am pretty sure I literally crossed paths with someone who I have messaged with back and forth with (I would have said hello, had I not been on the phone with AAA - that is a different story for a different time).

Anyway, wish me luck and get excited for my fun stories. Part of me is really excited to go on dates just for the stories….

4 comments:

Sara Lynn said...

I myself met some CRAZY people on those sites, BUT my friend met her husband on Eharmony so they aren't all bad!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Oh yes the stories.. I love the stories.. I had a guy who kept leaving me on street corners and just ending the date abruptly. It was so weird..

Catherine Gacad said...

i started blogging when i was single and the majority of my blog posts were on dating. i had plenty of great stories. i'm looking forward to yours. a lot of people i know meet online (including me and my husband) so i am rooting for you! tawkify is a personal matchmaking site without the huge expense...something to look into!

Hilary said...

Haha, I am excited for some stories!