I spent the long weekend traveling to North Carolina to facilitate officer training at the Theta Omicron Chapter of Alpha Gamma Delta. Before I left, I was little hesitant about my trip. I was worried that the ladies would not receive me well because, honestly, who wants a visitor from IHQ visiting their chapter.
I flew from San Francisco to Atlanta, on Saturday, where I cleaned up my officer training powerpoint, ate lots of the Delta pretzels and cookies and got myself all hyped up on adrenaline to meet all of the lovely ladies of the chapter. I them flew from Atlanta to Asheville where I was picked up by the Chapter President and Chapter advisor. They took me to dinner where I had my first sweet tea experience - I wasn't a fan.
Sunday and Monday were both full days of officer training and team meetings and a lovely consultant who will be supporting the chapter through formal recruitment arrived. It was nice to have her there to compare notes and use as a resource. On Monday, for lunch, a couple of the officers took the consultant and I to Bojangles for lunch! I had chicken strips and biscuits with a hearty serving of cheerwine! It wasn't too bad, aside from the fact that I don't drink Soda (this trip I drank more soda than I have in the last 20 years...! Ha!)


2 comments:
OHMYGAWD I practically live on sweet tea during the summer, lol. Hope you got some rest!
What?! Are you an AGD LC?
Post a Comment