Image Map

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Exercise

I read this great article about workouts that we think are good for us, but aren't necessarily the best choice.

On that topic, I had a call with the lovely Melissa Schollaert of Real Nutritious Living about maintaining a healthy weight in a positive way. It was a very inspiring conversation that I want to share with all of you!

image
Two of the many perks at my job are (1) we have fully stocked kitchens (at all times) with catered lunch and dinners by awesome SF restaurants and (2) we have a choice between a wellness stipend or a gym membership at an awesome gym a couple of blocks away from the office.

just one of our kitchens, stocked full of snacks! 

Since I got my gym membership when I was brought on permanently, mid- January, I have been trying to get myself into a routine of exercising. The only problem is, it takes an hour for me to get into the city from my house and vice versa so it makes for either a really early morning or a really late night. ::cough::excuses.excuses.excuses::cough::

And since there is constantly food around, all I do is eat. We call it 'the Tagged 15' and I have to admit that this is exactly the truth. I hate to admit that I have gained about 15lbs and need to work to get myself and my body back into a healthy and fit form.

After talked with Melissa, she made the most obvious and profound comment: make smarter choices; socialize at lunchtime; don't starve yourself.

Since talking to Melissa, I have committed to going to the gym 5 days / week in the morning before work, I am making better choices on food: not filling myself to the brim and choosing to snack less and I am overall starting to feel much better about myself and my image.

Again, I know that this is all so obvious, but it really made a difference hearing it from someone else! Thanks, Melissa, I now am well on my way to fitting back into all of my clothes feeling healthier!

I am going to start posting my workouts to help keep myself accountable at the gym. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Nina B. said...

Excersize is important but nutrition is key. I am back on that train too. I NEED to email you about something!!
www.wearflowersinyourhair.com

Jamie @ jforjamie.com said...

I'm right there with you LaTache, I also need to get my butt in the gym in the morning and start eating more consciously. You're inspiring me!