My childhood friend went to the Peace Corps in October.
Karly was the first person I met when we moved to the bay area and she was the first friend I made. We were virtually inseparable throughout middle and high school and would talk on the phone our freshman year of college - I stayed in the bay and she moved south. Once college life got started and busy we would use our vacations and holidays off of school to catch up, have sleepovers and learn about each others lives.
When I moved down south and she was still there we started a routine where we would get together once a month for lunch in Long Beach - smack in between the two of us - and we would typically spend the entire day together. We would try new restaurants, catch up on life, offer a listening ear and a whole lotta love and support on making important decisions.
On Friday night, I got to talk to her! It was such a treat to catch up with her and two of my other close friends from childhood. What an awesome thing technology is!
What she is doing is truly inspiring and I am so proud of the woman she has become and I can't wait to 'meet' her again when she returns in 2015 from Lesotho!
What she is doing is truly inspiring and I am so proud of the woman she has become and I can't wait to 'meet' her again when she returns in 2015 from Lesotho!
2 comments:
my friends are spread out across the world. It's hard, man.
www.wearflowersinyourhair.com
that's really great story about your friendship, May God Bless your friend Karly. thanks for let us know about your friend.
Teeth Whitening Kits
Post a Comment