Image Map

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Why I Started Blogging..

Hooah and Hiccups

I saw this link up last week and thought it would be fun to read some of my first blog posts. You can find my very first one here.
Wow! ha!

Reading this made me smile and it brought me back to that time in my life. The summer of 2009. This was the summer I was supposed to graduate from college. But since I couldn't make up my mind on what I wanted to major it, I had another year left. I was working in housing and for a private equity company Downtown San Francisco. I had not a care in the world except to get some work experience and have fun. I had been with my boyfriend (now husband) for almost a year. We had endured a deployment and lived apart for most of our relationship. We met through the lovely woman who I dedicated my first blog post to - his sister, my Alpha Gamm sister, my friend.

I started out writing about: current events - hello, what happened to Michael Jackson, Relationships, Inspiration,  Restaurant Reviews, Youtube Videos and Recipes (which is still make, to.this.day.) - all while incorporating fun colors and fonts what was i thinking?!

This blog has definitely gone through a lot - life, jobs, friends, travel, family, moving, life, health, wedding, moving, fitness, marriage, well being, recipes/food, family, friends, travel, life. I have kept up with this blog daily, weekly, monthly. I have neglected it. I had it designed, I designed it myself.

This blog really does represent who I am, what I am going through and what is important to me. Of course life isn't perfect, I don't use this space of mine to complain and vent about the bad things, I use it to highlight the fun/exciting/beautiful things that I am up to and what is most important in my life. I mean seriously, who wants to read about what 'Debbie Downer' is doing? No one.

I use this blog to catalog my life and share it with my family and friends. To keep in touch. I use this blog as a portal to keep it touch with my friends in far away places and learn new and exciting things.

Thanks for reading!
And going on a trip down memory lane with me! ;-)

1 comment:

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I am so thrilled you started it! I love reading along, even though I am not always the best at commenting :)