Image Map

Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 17: My favorite Photo of Myself


Every time I see this photo I am overwhelmed with love, support, happiness, joy, and some more love. 

The flowers at our wedding were split between my mom and a family friend, Rachel. Rachel made all of the bouquets and boutonnieres and my mom did the rest. This picture was taken when she brought my bouquet to the hotel room where I was getting ready with my best/favorite girl friends. 

I wanted white flowers and I wanted something simple, as to not distract from my gown. I wanted pretty flowers, but it wasn't at the top of my list of items that had to be a certain way, so I let Rachel and my mom handle the rest. This was the first time I had seen the bouquet. It was gorgeous, perfect for the occasion, and totally me.

I love this photo because it's such a candid shot of me enjoying, savoring, loving every moment, every small detail, of my wedding day where I was surrounded by all of our family and friends. Celebrating each other and the bond that we had built and the journey we were about to embark on.

Words cannot explain how much I love this photo.
---

Challenge: Favorite Photo of Myself

4 comments:

Al said...

It's absolutely stunning!!Enjoy your weekend!!
xo

twiggy@thedirtlife said...

I love how romantic this feels. Our families during the time of our weddings is always a great thing to remember...the support is astounding!

Unknown said...

Its so great to have such strong positive memories attached to this. Its a great shot.

Anonymous said...

I can understand why this is your favorite photo after reading all the memories you have attached to it. I know how wedding days can be so hectic with people running all over the place to make sure everything goes as planned, but I love how this picture captured you looking so in peace. It truly is a great photo. :)

-Isabelle