Image Map

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 18: A Story From My Childhood

Ok...So this is totally random, and sadly, I can't find a picture to prove it.
So, picture this:
I am in 4th or 5th grade. 
We have 2 cats, Teek (boy) and Yoda (girl). 
Yoda gets pregnant and has a litter of kittens. 
I am in elementary school girl heaven. 
I mean, there are little kittens running around everywhere and I get to play with them all!
Yoda has 4 kittens: Yo-He, Yo-She, Yo-Ghi & YoBubba (I know, creative), we sell 2 and keep 2.
We keep Yo-She & Yo-Bubba who then turn into Redhead (Red for short) and Bubba.
Bubba turns into my cat.
Once the kittens turn into adolescent cats, Redhead disappears for about a week. We had no idea where she had gotten off to but hoped that she would come back soon. It turns out she had a little kitty-fling and returned home knock-up! Yes, teen mom pregnant! Ew. So she decided to keep the kittens (ha! I am funny)and when it came time for her to give birth she decided to do it when we were all out. We came home, we looked high and low for Redhead in all of her favorite spots, but she was nowhere to be found.
At some point during the day, I went into my room to find Redhead giving kitty birth on.my.bed. --Yes this story just got interesting!-- So, I freak out because at this point, she has had 3 kittens and made a mess all over my bed! I call for my mom and, long story short, we ended up having to take her to the vet because she was acting weird and having trouble birthing the 4 kitten.
I must have been told this as a child (so I am not sure if it's true), but when cats give birth they usually pick a safe and comfortable place and after the birth they keep their kittens close by the original location, if not in the original spot. So, since she decided that this safe place was smack in the middle of my twin-sized bed, we had to come up with a new plan for her. 
She decided to move her kittens to two different locations. The first was in my closet in a pile of blankets to keep her sweet baby-kitties warm. Then, probably because of the high traffic in my closet, she decided to move them into the box spring of my bed. Yes, you read that right. She started out with them under my bed, but to keep them more secluded and better protected, she decided to claw her way into my box spring and then she brought the kittens in there with her. So imagine, looking under your bed, and seeing this huge bulge with 1 momma kitty and 4 baby kittens hanging down from your box spring!
It always made me laugh and I will never forget it. Honestly, I was so honored that Redhead felt safe/comfortable to have her kittens in my room, so I could see them all the time and play with them whenever I wanted!
---
Challenge: A Story From My Childhood

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Haha, I loved this story. Cats can be so weird!