Image Map

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I am always getting picked on...

So, I have this theory that complete strangers think of me as a target to be totally inappropriate, for no reason!
See here

I will be minding my own business then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, BAM! I become a target and it just spirals out of control. And while I am totally stunned with my mouth on the floor, I can't do anything to stand up for myself.

Sooo, I have decided to pick my mouth up off the ground and start being sassy back!

If you think you can be weird with me...think again! 
No more, Mrs. Nice Gal
Bring it on!

Ok, lets be real, I am all talk...everything will be a surprise and I will be just as shocked every time

Alright..
Now for the back story..

When we were waiting for our dinner table, we were walking around and doing some browsing/window shopping.
We were in Barnes & Nobel when this older lady came up to me:

Stranger: I was just admiring your dress, it is beautiful! Where did you get it?
Me: (Ok, that was nice enough...) I got it at Nordsrom Rack, I love it!
Stranger: Yes, it is beautiful. Are you wearing a bra with it?
Me: (Uhhh...Kinda weird... but I will entertain...) Actually, I am not. I don't need to, it's tight enough on top.
Stranger: Oh ok, yeah I am small up there too...
Me: (I'M INSULTED!) Yeah, ok...

What?!
Why, on God's Green Earth, would someone say that?!
Looking for something to say? 
You end the conversation with, "Ok, well it's beautiful"
Not an insult!
haha!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I think some people have good intentions, but they just don't know how to communicate it in a normal way.
For instance, I have really FAT upper arms, so I have a hard time finding shirts that fit in certain styles. Whenever I see someone who has a similar arm size, but managed to put a cute outfit together, I desperately want to ask them where they shop. However, I don't trust my foot in mouth self not to accidentally say "I notice you have fat arms, I have fat arms too... where do you shop?"
Some of us, however, know when to shut it, and others do not.

Adrienne Gomer said...

Rude!

Tara said...

I'm of the firm belief that people nowadays just don't know how to filter themselves. I sing in a band and at least once at every show some dude comes up to me and compliments me on how "talented" I am, how I have "good stage presence" (like most of them would even know ::rolls eyes:: ) and - this is the kicker - this guy, never the SAME one, will ask me what I'm doing with my band/the guys in my band. This random person who doesn't know me or my bandmates at all will say that I'm "better than them"...and honestly, that's insulting! My bandmates are also my friends, and they're all VERY talented...and insulting them and the band as a whole is NOT a proper way of hitting on me, which I know these people are trying to do. Ugh.