So all of the annoying and frustrating days are made up when 1 person, just ONE person makes a nice comment!
I answered the phone and a gentleman was on the other end. I looked up his account and was unable to find it and so he started to get frustrated with me. He told me that I needed to talk to the vice president of the company and tell him that I was having issues and no one else ever does (like I said, he was cranky)
After a few minutes I found his account - he had given me the wrong zip code because he had changed his address in an earlier call and had forgotten.
So, we went through why he called. At the end of the call I asked him if there was anything else I could help him with and he said, "Tell your vice president that you spoke with a jerk on the phone today..." And I told him that I wouldn't do that and that it wasn't a problem at all. He continued to apologize to me for being a jerk! I was shocked! No one ever does that!
He then asked me if there was a number he could call to rave about my outstanding customer service! So I transferred him over to a supervisor and this is what was sent out to the staff:
"I just spoke with a customer who was very satisfied <and impressed> with LaTache’s service. He started off the call on a not so pleasant note, but she quickly turned things around. He said she calmly explained the situation and remained stable despite his forcefulness. He also said she “has the patience of an angel” and we need more like her. A huge compliment indeed."
The patience of an angel?? Wow!
Thanks, sir! You really made my day!
6 comments:
That is so sweet! I wish more people had patience. I had people the other night say that they were sitting at my table for 25 minutes without ever seeing a waitress. They were jerks because I check on my tables every minute just to make sure new people have been taken care of. So they were just being jerks and got me in trouble for nothing. I was so upset over it and then I realized that it's not worth it and they aren't worth it.
Your post gave me a little hope back for humanity :-)
Awe thats so sweet! I'm glad you have good customers now and again.
ahh that is so nice of him! i work in something like customer service and rarely, rarely are people appreciative nowadays. Keep this man tucked in the back of your brain and when difficult people are on the other end remember this guy!
That is so sweet :)
But seriously, La Tache, you really do have amazing patience. I remember AGD meetings that you would lead ;)
Aw, it's so nice when one person can make someone else's day!
i am so excited i just stumbled upon your blog. i, like you, just got married this summer and am working in the customer service department of an insurance company. i love your "a day in the life" posts. i can totally relate. ONE nice comment completely makes your day.. despite all the negative things you have to deal with. can't wait to follow along!
Post a Comment