The majority of the customers who subscribe to our newspaper are on the older side, so it can be pretty entertaining to talk to them and answer their questions and assist them with technology.
An older gentleman called to renew his subscription for 1 year. We went through the steps of renewing and at the end of the call I told him that his new expiration date was sometime in 2013.
Our conversation is as follows:
Customer: "Ok, well you have the guarantee that I will be alive then"
Me: "Well, Sir, I can't guarantee that but I can tell you that I have a really good feeling about it"
Customer: "Ok, well I am 88 years old..."
Me: "My great aunt is 95, so you still have some time! Don't even worry about it!"
Customer: "Oh wow! Is she still sexy?"
Me: "Oh of course she is!"
Customer: "Well, I can't wait to meet this woman!"
Me: "Unfortunately, Sir, you live in New York and she lives in Reno, those are two opposite coasts!"
Customer: "Alright, then, maybe another time."
![]() |
| image |
Oh boy! I died laughing!
I told my coworkers and they are now calling me the match maker!

3 comments:
That is too cute!
You can give him my grandma's number. ;) She'd be all over it!
Hahahahaha!! Such frisky people you deal with :)
Post a Comment