Image Map

Monday, October 17, 2011

Chicken Burritos in the Crock Pot

This meal is super easy and so tasty!!

We buy chicken in bulk from Costco. It comes packaged in 2 breasts so it is the perfect amount for 2 plus leftovers for me for lunch!




The McCormick's Taco seasoning is the best! This container is also from Costco, and you are buy it in packets from the grocery store - I believe it is next to the spices.

Put the chicken in a bowl and cover the chicken in the taco seasoning. 
Make sure it is all covered.




We eat a lot of bell peppers. So we used about 1/2 of each and 1/2 of the onion and I added a small bunch of cilantro to the crock pot.


Saute the chicken on each side to lock in the taco flavor, max of 5 minutes on each side. You don't want to cook the chicken, just get the sides a little brown.


Slice the veggies


Put the chicken in the crock put


Add the veggies


cover all of the ingredients with salsa - We didn't have enough salsa to cover it so I added some chicken broth to the pot. You want to make sure that the chicken is fully covered.


I added salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and red chili flakes


we grated extra sharp cheddar and we sliced some fresh bell peppers for a different texture.


This is 2 avocados and a couple of table spoons of salsa - this is super easy and delicious!


YUUMM!


We cook about a cup of rice and added about a 1/2 can of pinto beans - we like to mix it up and use different beans every time.


The finished product!
Add some condiments to your burrito and enjoy!!
So tasty!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Anniversary!!
I love the pictures. So beautiful!
And what a handsom boy you have!!!

Delainey said...

Oh yummmmm! I loveee crock pot meals!

Megan Harmeyer said...

OMGosh that looks delish! I'm printing this out right now so I can shop for it at lunch. :) YUM!!!