Image Map

Monday, August 29, 2011

Honeymoon: Day 13

We woke up way late from being out late the night before and we walked down to the corner bakery and had chocolate croissants! Sooooooo tasty!

We headed to the Louvre and saw the Mona Lisa. It is much smaller that you would think it would be.... We pretty much powered through the museum just to see it and stopped at a few other key art pieces and got out of there. I love museums and I could spend hours and hours in them and Rich is not the biggest fan, so we didn't spend too much time in each one.








From the Louvre, we stopped at a little cafe and had some lunch and then headed over to Notre Dame.  We quickly went through the cathedral because there were millions of people in there!







After Notre Dame, we went to the Army Museum and saw Napoleon's Tomb. That was really cool!









We went to dinner and had amazing food! Rich had beef tar tar and I had lamb! Oh. My. Gosh. It was to die for!!



And to end the night, with the sun still shining at 9pm, we went to the Arc de Triumph. We were able to see it right as the sun was setting, it was gorgeous!






We ended up taking a taxi back to the hotel and we stopped at a restaurant in the square that our hotel was in and had some wine and cheese. It was so sweet and romantic! 

2 comments:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

WOW! You covered a lot of ground!

Are they allowing pictures of the Mona Lisa now? When I was there, it was a no-no... but I might have one anyway...? ;)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh it looks so nice! It looks like the weather was great for you guys! I love Paris!