We woke up early to take the TGV from Lausanne, Switzerland to Paris, France.
Rich has not taken the bullet train before, so it was exciting for him! It took us about 3.5 hours to get to Paris.
Again, we had a lot of trouble finding our hotel. Rich speaks French and was trying to get directions and no one could help us! It was so frustrating!
We finally walked by some friendly tourists who could tell we were lost and she let us look at her map. We found our hotel and we were disappointed to find that we were staying in kind of a dumpy place...oh well!
We dropped our stuff off and headed down to all of the attractions.
We walked in the gardens of the Louvre and then near the Army Museum. We were both hot, thirsty and hungry and, I will admit, a bit cranky so we stopped in at the first place we saw and had dinner. We both enjoyed big salads with lots of veggies! (We have since recreated the nicoise salad that Rich had at this restaurant and it was delicious!)
Sadly, my camera battery died, so we had to go back to the hotel and get Rich's camera and we went back out and decided to go up to the top of the Eiffel Tower. We got there right before the lights were turned on, it was beautiful!
We finally got to go up to the top around 10:30/11pm. Lets just say it was a late night, we were both exhausted and needing some personal space, which you won't get if you go to the Eiffel Tower. We got down from the top after midnight, after all of the trains that would take us back to our hotel has stopped running. So we started walking...it was a nightmare. I had been on m feet all day so my knee was torturing me....fortunately, after stopping several taxi cabs with no avail, a man stopped and was willing to take us to our hotel!
We just fell right in to bed and slept through the morning, waking up at 10:30am! Definitely a change from the entire trip!
3 comments:
AHHH! I'm so jealous you spent part of your honeymoon in Paris. Like, ridiculously so. That IS AWESOME!! Oy. I loveeee Paris!!!! You and Rich are TOO cute. And I LOVE that he speaks french!
Parisians are the WORST. I'm sorry, but it's true. I tried (in admittedly broken French, but at least I TRIED to ask in French) to get directions on the Metro there one time...had to ask THREE people before someone finally helped me!
I have loved every post and am itching to go to Europe now. My one visit to Switzerland wasn't enough!
Post a Comment