Image Map

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

More Importantly...it is my Mom's birthday

Today is...
Tuesday.
December 7th.
Pearl Harbor Day.
More Importantly...it is my Mom's birthday!


Today is my mom's birthday!
She is a beautiful woman inside and out.
She has been at my side through thick and thin-and never gives up
My mom is the best mom that a girl could ask for!

I dedicate this song to my mom

yes I know it is a love song...but it is our song!

Over the past year my mom has:
*helped me pick out my wedding dress
*picked grapes and made wine
*has been dragged to every bridal fair in Northern California
*hosted an engagement party
*given up her Mother's Day to celebrate one of her son's first communion
*watched me graduate from college
*moved me out of University Housing for the last time
*taken my brother to the dentist for a broken from tooth...twice!
*sailed in the bay
*celebrated her 14-year wedding anniversary
*traveled to New York to celebrate a long life lived
*traveled to Hawai'i for a much needed vacation
*volunteered in the community
*started a remodel on the house
*prepared countless meals for her friends and family

My mom is a selfless woman who deserves to be praised on her birthday! 
She has always been a kind, warm, beautiful woman and I wish her all of the best on her special day!
Happy Birthday to the best Mom!
Thank you for all that you do!
You are a rock star!
I am excited for you to meet me at work so we can go out to lunch!!
I love you!
xoxo

15 comments:

Allie said...

Beautiful post (:

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to your mom!!

Suze said...

happy birthday to your moma!
momas are the best , always! :)

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Your mom is absolutely beautiful - inside and out! Love this post, LaTache, you did such a great job celebrating her with writing. Love this! I hope she has a wonderful Birthday!

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Awesome post! I love it!!!

Unknown said...

Aww! Too sweet! She seems wonderful! This is just beautiful, and you both look so much alike! So Happy Birthday to your Mama!

Lisa said...

Wow, you and your mom really do look more like sisters!! What a sweet post!

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

Awww what a great post! I can't get over how alike you two look! Good genes, kid. Good genes =) haah

Happy birthday to your mommy!

xoXOxo
Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons

Unknown said...

aw yay! happy birthday to your mom -- she sounds like an amazing woman!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Really a lovely post and as a mother, I got a little teary listening to the song. Happy birthday to your beautiful, and quite young looking, mother!

Marian said...

Aw, what a beautiful post. Your mother is lucky to have you as a daughter;) And Happy birthday to Mommy-o!

Dancy said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!! I think it's so cute that you guys always take pictures together too. It also kinda reminds me of my Aunt - who always insists on standing to my left in every picture. LOL

Kit said...

Happy birthday to your mom! She is really beautiful!

jenna ♥ a little blue said...

happy birthday to your mama! she is definitely a gorgeous lady :)

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

You and your mama are GORGEOUS!!! I hope I'm as hot as your mom when I'm her age!!! ;)