I went to Italia in the summer of 2008. I studied Art, Music and Culture in Firenze for a month.
From now on, my adventures were mainly shared with my two roommates: Jodi and Stephanie, people in my program, Bev or random people we met along the way!
Now on to my Firenze adventures--a lot of site seeing, staying up late, and wine! How to travel in Europe when you are 20!
I have decided that I will take you along my journey based on the places I went :-)
Last but certainly not least!
Firenze
{I will need to break this into a couple of posts...I was here for a month! What can I say?}
I had to leave the program a week early because I was an RA and I had to get back for our senior staff training.
That said, there were a couple of museums and places that I wanted to go to that I wasn't going to get to see with the rest of my group so I went on my own time.
When Zia and I were looking for our hotel on the first day I was in Firenze, we walked through the Piazza de la Signorina where there is a copy of the statue of David.
{not a picture from the first day--nonetheless a picture from Piazza de la Signorin}
I didn't realize at the time that it was a copy and I almost died because I saw him and we just stumbled upon the statue!
I went to the Accademia in Firenze because I wanted to see the statue of David.
I went inside and I did what I could to save him for last.
Before I went to the Accademia, I wasn't really sure what everyone was talking about when they talked about the statue of David. I thought to myself, "yeah yeah yeah another naked man statue, what's the big deal?"
And then I saw him. I sat on a bench next to the statue for a solid 30 minutes to looking at him. Admiring the amazing detail and assuming the time, sweat and blood that wen into creating this master piece.
I was captivated by him.
{these aren't the greatest of pictures because technically you can't take any inside the Accademia...that obviously didn't stop me ;-)}
Definitely make time to go to the Accademia. You will regret it if you don't! It is amazing!
Until next time, Buon Giorno






2 comments:
Hi There! I'm your newest follower from For Ever & For Always...!! I look forward to reading about your wedding plans too :) I love your pictures of Italy!! I would love to visit there one day! :)
I agree, seeing David is a must! I also can't stress enough that one visit the Uffizi gallery. I went to Italy as a high school senior and very few of my fellow students wanted to pay the money and spend the time for/in the Uffizi...it was one of my favorite things in all of Italy (from my one trip there, at least)!
Post a Comment