I went to Italia in the summer of 2008. I studied Art, Music and Culture in Firenze for a month.
From now on, my adventures were mainly shared with my two roommates: Jodi and Stephanie, people in my program, Bev or random people we met along the way!
Now on to my Firenze adventures--a lot of site seeing, staying up late, and wine! How to travel in Europe when you are 20!
I have decided that I will take you along my journey based on the places I went :-)
Last but certainly not least!
Firenze
{I will need to break this into a couple of posts...I was here for a month! What can I say?}
Chiesa Ognissanti
Next to the Grand Hotel
14 Via Santa Reparate.
Our door into the building
Our door into the building
Our apartment door from inside the building
Our bedroom..it was pretty large!
The bathroom, gotta love the bidet! ;-)
Our Kitchen...
the fridge is behind where I am standing.
So small!
Our first gelato in Firenze! And our first day in Firenze!
Zio & Zia on Ponte Vecchio!
The Ponte Vecchio was used by the Medici Family to get from their Palace {Palazzo Piti} to the Uffizi {their offices}. It is open air on the bottom and is enclosed on the top. The Medici would walk through the closed top so they did not have to walk with the common people in Firenze.

Palazzo Piti was my favorite place in Firenze!
It has beautiful and lush gardens and the Palace is a museum. There is a fashion museum inside!


Look at those views...definitely can't complain!

The beautiful flowers!

Our house was right next door to the convent of San Marco! So beautiful!
In the convent is a rendition of the Last Supper. It was really neat because we had a tour guide who was a professor at the University of Firenze who took us on our tours of the areas around Firenze. We were able to get into a lot of museums etc because he was showing us around and we got to go inside places that were not as busy, which was really nice!
Until next time, Buon Giorno













8 comments:
Oh Florence... I miss you so much. :) I especially miss gelato. :)
Oh how I long to go to Florence. sorry I've been MIA for so long! Time to catch up with your posts!
Ohhh so fun! I am dying to go to Italy! LOVE the pictures!
You know I've been to Rome twice and Florence never - I could just kick myself right now looking at your photos. I'd love a passage like that at all shopping centers so I would have to deal with all the people - what luxury.
I can't believe it's been nearly 11 years since I went to Florence! I definitely need to take the hubby to Italy some day...
I love your pictures! It makes me want to go back to Florence so bad! the gelato alone is worth the trip haha
I adore all of your pictures. I went to Italy when I graduated high school and absolutely fell in love. I would go back tomorrow if I could.
Is the convent of San Marco the one with that dome that echos kuje crazy? I think it opened into that grassy courtyard. One of the girls I was there with was a singer and she sang and it was crazy beautiful! I miss Firenze!
Post a Comment