So, my Sweeter is home for good and I CANNOT be more elated!!
He got home a week before Christmas which made the holidays even more special!!
We are almost all of the way settled in our new apartment! We had everything that we need, minus the couch and the kitchen table...
...picture this...
we eat meals on bar stools...
sitting around the kitchen counter that is maybe a foot-and-a-half square around...
under candle light!
It is so sweet and romantic that he gets excited with me when I light the candles every night for dinner :-)
Last night we bought a couple movies with some Christmas gift cards and we watched our first movie in our new apartment!
We sat on the floor
wiggling around whenever our butt cheeks got tired
....for the entire movie!
ha! got to love improvising!
We are ordering a living room set soon, so hopefully that will come in a reasonable amount of time!
The first few days that we were here, it rained and rained and rained and didn't let up for almost 5 days!!
We had some issues with the apartment complex and since the rain has stopped the issues have pretty much subsided, which is great!
The holidays were spent running around the Bay Area to both of our parents houses so we could spend time with family!
We drove up Thursday before Christmas and left the day after Christmas to get back to our home.
We spent Christmas Eve at his parents house and Christmas at mine with his family there.
The holiday was spent with great family and fun friends!
| I am sad because one of my other girls was there and we didn't take a picture :-( |
| My Handsome Sweeter |
| My Beautiful Momma! |
| Friend! |
On Christmas we played the funniest game....
a small gift is wrapped something like 20 times each inside a new and differently wrapped box
you need two dice, a hat, a jacket, a scarf and gloves (or mittens if you want the added challenge)
we played with 8 people and each person takes a turn to roll the dice
If they get a double, they have to put on all of the clothes and start to unwrap the present...
...while the rest of the group continues to roll the dice!
So I could be putting on all of the clothes when the next person rolls a double and then I have to take all of the clothes off and the next person puts it on
You can't start to unwrap the present until you are fully dressed in the outfit!
It was hysterical!
I don't think I have ever laughed so hard!
My tummy was definitely getting a good work out! ha!!!
My mom ended up winning, she made out with a burts bees chapstick! ha!
| one of the many wardrobe changes! |
| I had just got everything on when my mom rolled a double...I didn't even get to touch the present! |
| there is the gift...I think in its outter-most wrapping |
| Mom rolled doubles the most, I think |
| little bro...hahaa |
| we were rolling on the floor laughing! |
| toward the end, he thought he was going to get it... |
| seeing sweeter dressed in it...I think I peed a little...SOO FUNNY |
So fun!!
10 comments:
I'm glad things are going well in the new apt! Ha, you're going to remember these times. So fun! You had a fun Christmas! That game sounds too hilarious!
I'm so happy for you! You got the best Christmas present of all...your Sweeter is home!! Enjoy making a home together :)
LoL That game looks like a riot! I should throw a few games like that into the mix next year ;)
Congrats on getting settled in your new apartment! I remember oh-too-well moving in with my marine BF (now hubs)and having ZERO furniture for months. We slept on an air mattress and ate picnic style one the floor. and played card games and watched office re-runs on the computer for entertainment. ahhh such great memories! Enjoy it! haha you'll remember it forever <3
xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons
We played that EXACT game this year!! We didn't do all of the other clothes, we just did oven mitts. It was SO funny and SO hard!! My hubby actually ended up winning and it was $20! Woohoo!! I'm glad you had a good Christmas!
That game looks like SO much fun! My husband and I were lucky to have furniture, but we had no cable or internet the first two months we were married! We played Scrabble and rummy nearly every night and it is something we will always remember about being newlyweds.
Glad to hear you are enjoying your new place! Sounds like you had a great holiday with your family and friends. :)
Yay! Such a great time!
so excited your sweeter is home with you :) and that your apartment is almost all set. I remember we lived on the floor for a while too hahaha
looks like you had a good christmas. cute picture of you and your fiance :)
Your Christmas game cracks me up. I love it.
that game does sound fun! maybe I can get the hubby to try it next year :)
Post a Comment