So, as you all know, I have recently relocated
On top of that...I am now living {gasp} with a boy!
Much has changed in my world....
...we have moved into a teeny tiny apartment, a spacious 650 {at its max} square feet. Fortunately, we kinda like each other, so it hasn't been much of a problem...
well, since we have had to toss most of our belongings to make room for us!
The two of us each have one {or four} of everything so we have had to downsize.
We decided that we didn't need 12 plates, since there are only 2 of us here and we don't need 6 sets each of silverware--at least for now. Not to mention the fact that our kitchen it the size of my pinky-toe-nail, we simply just don't have the space for it all.
So we have made a huge giveaway pile!
Even with this huge giveaway pile, we have accumulated, through the move, more stuff with even less space for it all.
Last week, I came up with the most brilliant plan...
Ghetto? Not Ghetto?
1) We have a mini dishwasher. We ran it once and it didn't even clean the dishes. Since there are only 2 of us here, we also decided not to use the dishwasher because we will just clean the dishes after we use them.
So, what is my genius plan, you might ask?
We store the plates and glasses in the dishwasher to make more cabinet room for the pots and pans!
It is just wasted space if we aren't using it, right?!
What do you think?
Ghetto? Not Ghetto?
{I think that it is just resourceful, if you ask me :-D}
Sweeter thinks its ghetto..haha!
Sweeter thinks its ghetto..haha!
2) I baked cookies last night. We don't have a cooling rack. We have a toaster oven.
Instead of keeping the just baked cookies on the baking stone, I decided to utilize the toaster over as a cooling rack.
It's better than using the over, right?!
What do you think?
Ghetto? Not Ghetto?
I sent Sweeter a picture text, since I made these when he was on duty and he replies with:
"was the dishwasher full"
ha ha, he thinks he is soooo funny
"was the dishwasher full"
ha ha, he thinks he is soooo funny
Haha, that is all that I have for now...I am sure that I will have more Ghetto-Fabulous updates on how to save space as the months pass!
Until then, enjoy and I hope you got a good laugh...I know that we did!
24 comments:
I'm going to agree with you and say you are resourceful! You have to work with what you have!
I agree, definitely resourceful!
I did have to laugh out loud at "was the dishwasher full"!
I love it! Great use of space if you ask me. Though I did have to laugh at his comment about the diswasher being full. Silly boy, doesn't he know you can't cool cookies in the dishwasher? I just wouldn't work!
Ha, I love it! You are very resourceful!
haha! That is so funny! I love it! He wouldnt get any cookies when he got home however! but funny! and it makes clean up easier with them in the dishwasher already! haha :)
Oh my gosh, this SO made me laugh out loud!! I think it is very resourceful!! Maybe a little ghetto on the side, but mostly just truly inspired! Haha. I'm so glad you shared!
Haha Love this!! Very resourceful!
Ha too funny! It's a little ghetto, but you HAVE to be ghetto in 650 square feet. We have all been there at one time. :)
Not ghetto!! Very smart and creative!
ahahaha that is hilarious!!! totally resourceful :)
I think it is very resourceful! "was the dishwasher full" I love it...LOL!
Too funny! Definitely resourceful!
That's just being resourceful and smart, so definitely not ghetto! The toaster oven-turned cooling rack is brilliant!
The Hubs & I use our oven as storage for the oversized pizza pan, cookie sheets and other pots. It's a drag to have to pull them out when we need to use the oven, but it works for us!
BTW, I can't remember if I ever officially introduced myself; I'm a new follower. We share a few mutual blogging friends, so when I saw your profile picture and your blog title, I was totally lured in here. *Love* your positivity!
It's nice to meet you. :)
I think its genius! =) esp. the makeshift cooling rack... which i will be utilizing if i ever make cookies =) FACT!
xOXo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons
hahaha this is so cute! Love it!
Haha I totally giggled at work. Definitely resourceful! Our kitchen is tiny too but we don't have a dishwasher at all since our apartment is so old! We could use that storage space ;)
I think you are using your space wisely! Leave it to us women ;) I absolutely love it!!!
it's very resourceful and I don't think it's ghetto at all =)
Haha! I love your makeshift cooling rack. I bet it worked!
I definitely think you're being resourceful! I've only ever lived in a place that small once, and I was by myself...I was just out of college though and didn't have much in the way of furniture etc. so space issues weren't really my problem...more like the fact that my living room set consisted of a flip-n-f*ck and two folding canvas camping chairs, haha.
I would say resourceful! :)
Glad you're getting settled in & loving it!
Not Ghetto! That is such a great idea! Waste not! I might have to utilize the toaster oven cooling rack idea!
That totally reminds me of mine and Justin's first two places together, VERY small. We even had Belle when we lived in a 600 sq. ft. apartment (we moved when she was 3 months old). I'd say definitely resourceful! Plus when you want a cookie, you can just turn on the toaster oven to make them warm again :)
Great idea! Man I wish we had a dishwasher. I hate to be a downer but I'd totally tell the super or landlord - whatever that it's not working. I'm sick of washing dishes.
Also for the cooling rack - I'm in love with this thing - I found it on sale somewhere for cheaper but it's stackable and collapses for storage. I'm finding a zillion uses for it too:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=12474130&RN=868&
Post a Comment