I went to Italia in the summer of 2008. I studied Art, Music and Culture in Firenze for a month.
From now on, my adventures were mainly shared with my two roommates: Jodi and Stephanie, people in my program, Bev or random people we met along the way!
Now on to my Firenze adventures--a lot of site seeing, staying up late, and wine! How to travel in Europe when you are 20!
I have decided that I will take you along my journey based on the places I went :-)
Milano
When we were in Milano, we didn't do a lot of site seeing...we did a lot of shopping and mingling!
Milano was an exciting place for me because one of my very best friends met Jodi and I there. Bev was working in Paris and we decided to have a little European adventure in Milano!
Also, one of my Alpha Gamm sisters was studying in Milano and so she showed us around the town the first night we were there and she met up with us the last day we were there!
This is one of my favorite pictures of food from the entire trip! It is the background picture on my iPod! I love it! Doesn't it make your mouth water for some good, authentic gelato! Yum!
I wanted to try a new flavor every time we went, so there was never just one that I always had! Yumm!
This bowl looks like it had chocolate, mocha and stracciatella gelato {like a chocolate chip}.
SOO tasty!
Look at that! This is what gothic looks like ;-)
Before our night out! We asked someone to take our picture and he took a picture of our legs...typical Italian Man ;-)
What a night! The day before we went shopping on the famous street in Milano for shopping. I bought a pair of beautiful orange shoes {my favorite color and I couldn't pass them up} another pair of off white ones, and the dress that I am wearing in this picture.
Then we went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner where they over translated the menu into English! We had a blast in Milano!
Then we headed to a night club, Beach, where we were surrounded by beautiful people! We had so much fun!
Our last day in Milano we went into the Duomo and just walked around for a quick minute. You could light a candle-there were candle everywhere...isn't this beautiful!
This is the main mall in Milano
This is another good luck charm, to put your heel in the balls of the bull and spin around 3 times. This is in the center of the mall! So fun!
Love!
Alpha Gamm's!

Stunning!
This was an unplanned trip. If I were to go back, I would make sure to make an appointment to see the painting of the Last Supper. Other than that, relax, enjoy the gelato and shop til you drop!
Until next time, Buon Giorno











3 comments:
Beautiful. Now that's gothic at its best. I love gelato, one of my favorite things and I'm cracking up that you went for mexican food in Italy.
i lived in Rome for two years!! I just moved back to Canada this September... I miss it so much!
О! Sounds good, I like to read your blog, just added to my favorites ;)
Post a Comment