Image Map

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Alchemist


After The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest I started reading The Alchemist written by Paulo Coelho. I got this book as a graduation gift, I must admit: I cannot remember who from ALWAYS write a note on the inside cover of a gifted book>. I began reading this book without really knowing what to expect and to be completely honest, it has really changed my outlook on a lot of things...

This book is about realizing what you true dreams are, your Personal Legend, and one boy's (Santiago) quest to finding his. Santiago's Personal Legend had him meeting new people, encountering good and bad omens and traveling across the desserts of Egypt all in search of a 'treasure' that he saw in a dream.

From friendship, hard work, love and spirituality, Santiago's story is compelling, captivating and inspiring of the heart, the mind and the soul!

I will absolutely recommend this book, 100%. It was a quick and easy read (I was done with it in about 6 BART rides (i.e. 3 interrupted hours)

Here is a quote to get you all out to the local bookstore and pick up a copy for yourself!

"When you really want something, the universe always conspires in your favor."

Didn't you just get the chills!!

READ THIS BOOK!

1 comment:

jacin {lovely little details} said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!

i've actually seen people do readings from it at the wedding. i can send to you if you want.