Image Map

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

We are ALL Suspects...

I have had a very eventful past few days!

On Friday, I got a pedicure-a MUCH needed pedicure. I went home and got packing to move back to school and start training for the rest of summer until school started. I went to a BBQ with my family and one of my very best friend’s. After the BBQ I decided to head to SF to move the first load of things in to my temporary apartment. While all of this was happening, My Sweeter was driving from southern California to come up and visit me for the weekend. I got settled in to my apartment and waited for him to get here. He didn’t arrive in SF until 4AM! I let him in to my building and we fell right to sleep.

On Saturday we had a leisure morning, because of the late late night and headed on our way to Sacramento for the evening with a quick stop at his family’s house. We had a quick sandwich from a local deli and got to see FRIEND in the process. We went on our merry way to Sacramento to have a fun evening on the Delta King River Boat and see the Suspects Murder Mystery Dinner. The poor guy was so exhausted that he slept in the car almost the entire drive to Sacramento.
I am an SPG member and get points when we stay at any SPG hotel. It is a great deal and right now, every two nights that you stay in a hotel, you get a free night in ANY SPG hotel (with a certain rating) for free. It is a good deal for My Sweeter and I because we stay in hotels very often!

In Sacramento we stayed at a Sharaton super close to the river. We were so exhausted from being up so late the night before that when we got to the hotel, we lie on the bed and fell asleep until 6:30! We woke up in a hurry and rushed to get ready for the dinner; we caught a cab to the river and drove to the Delta King. We got there and the boat was very quaint and captivating! We went up to the Bar and had a drink and then were welcomed by the Host of the show to come and get all of the guest for the Suspects Dinner.

The host was extremely outrageous-which made the night HILARIOUS! His name was Rowbear Baguette-I think that that says it all!The night started with everyone introducing themselves and trying to “get clues” to begin to figure out the murder mystery part of the dinner. A woman came to our table and asked us if there was a specific woman sitting at our table. I turned and addressed her and she commented on my eye color. She said, “You have the most beautiful eye color.” I thanked her and she responded with, “What color is that, a gray/green?” I was puzzled because I have very blue eyes and I pointed that fact out to her and then she told me that she was jealous. It was quite an interesting experience.
They served us a salad, a main course and a dessert. The salad was good, but it had a little too much dressing on it. The main course was a choice between steak, chicken parmesan and a vegetarian pasta. My Sweeter got the steak and I got the chicken and to both of our surprise, the dinner was not that bad. The dessert consisted of 3 small crème puffs with whipped cream on top. Over all the dinner was pretty good!

The show was not quite what I had expected it to be. I was expecting it to be more serious, but I felt that it was mainly focused on being a comedy with some mystery intertwined. Overall I would recommend going to this if you are willing to make the drive to Sacramento.
The night ended around 11pm and since our hotel was close to the Delta King, we decided to walk back to the hotel. With the weather being so hot, it had cooled down enough to be a very pleasant walk back to our hotel.

On Sunday, we had to check out of the hotel and asked the front desk where she recommended for us to go to breakfast that was close to the hotel. She recommended a place that was just two blocks away called Bistro 33. We were able to walk there and were seated right away. The bistro seemed to be a bar at night and restaurant during the day. The ambiance was interesting for a breakfast place but we decided to give it a try. We both ordered omelets and they were delicious! During our meal, there was a group that was sitting near us that ordered something that came in a white paper bag that needed to be shaken. It turns out that the bistro serves homemade donuts with different dipping sauces. It smelled heavenly! My Sweeter and I decided that from what the waiters and waitresses were wearing that the restaurant is known for these donuts. We decided that we would have to come back for the donuts another time! Again, if you are willing to make the drive out to Sacramento-or over to K and 16th street, Bistro 33 would definitely have to be a must visit destination!

No comments: