Image Map

Friday, July 17, 2009

New Chapter

As today comes to a close I look back on the past 6 weeks-my last summer vacation. Today is my last day at my summer job. As much as I complain about being bored or not having anything to do, this job has given me something to do and I feel all grown up waking up for work and taking BART into San Francisco. Today is a sad day because I have made a good friend here over the past 6 weeks that I have had the joy of seeing virtually every day, even going on a road trip with her, and have grown close with her. We have planned to make time during the week to get together and hang out.

Jamie made me homemade brownies! They were totally homemade and they were delicious! She

made them from scratch and she puts symphony bars in the middle to make them extra rich!

Today has been a great reunion day because I was able to get lunch with someone who I basically consider to by my older sister and I haven’t had the opportunity to see her in a VERY long time! I have two little brothers and the friend I met today is a woman who used to babysit them while I was in school. She helped me through a lot of things and has always been like a sister to me! It was wonderful to see her and spend my lunch hour with her!

We went to a place in an alley on Belden Street that is full of restaurants. It feels like you are in Italy because the host/hostess is standing outside of the restaurant marketing their restaurant and getting you to eat there! We ate at Belden Taverna. The place was small and cute. Unfortunately the service was not very good, but it was a beautiful day and we sat outside so I didn’t mind having to wait around. Before they bring you your meal, they bring you bread and hummus. The hummus was delicious and the bread tasted really fresh. I ordered the Taverna Burger and it was really good! The fries were amazing!

Brownies

Restaurant

No comments: