Image Map

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Fundamentals

I love to listen to live music at outdoor venues. One of my close high school friends’ moms celebrated her birthday at a park in Pleasant Hill listening to a band called the Fundamentals.

Christine, one of my closest friends, and I have a song-Smooth by Santana. Earlier this year, she and I went to see the Fundamentals play at another venue and we begged the lead singer to play our song. The band did not and we were VERY disappointed! On Sunday, we were remembering this experience that we had with this band and how we were so upset. We still had a good time dancing and singing along to the other songs that they played that we knew. We were exhausted so we sat down on our blanket with the rest of everyone who was celebrating her birthday and all of a sudden we heard the intro to Smooth and screamed and got up and went to the front of the stage and WENT WILD! We danced and sang and had a BLAST!

It was for sure a great end to a PERFECT weekend!

No comments: