I find it so ironic, is ironic the word?, that I spent so much time on this blog talking with people and writing about my engagement, my wedding and married life and now I am writing about my divorce. I guess that just shows how life can take an unexpected turn and change in a way that you never thought. So it went from wedding planning and marriage life to divorce and now I will have to move on to dating. Talk about a 'lifestyle blog.'
So, can I say how awkward it is when I ask to change my name and I am congratulated on getting married… I requested a new gym card and someone called me to let me know that the card was ready for me to pick up. I, fortunately enough, missed the call and listened to the voicemail and the woman congratulated me twice. Yes, twice! I would like to say that these days you shouldn’t be so sure to make an assumption like that...ha!
I have a few leftover chores that I have to take care of before everything is final final, for me. Legally everything is already, I changed my name legally and took care of all of my major accounts I have already gotten my new social security card.
On a more personal and important note, I am in the process of filing to annul the marriage through the Catholic Church. Legally I am still considered divorced, but if I want to get married in the Catholic Church again I have to get the marriage annulled. To be honest, the whole process is a little daunting. I submitted the application this week and now the pastor will submit it to the local diocese and they will either accept or reject the application. If they accept my application, I will have to fill out a lot more paperwork and the whole process could take up to a year. Ugh.
Now, on to dating...oh man, this should be fun...Any suggestions on how to meet some cool people?
4 comments:
My mom went through an annulment with the church, my dad did not. Yes it can be a lot of paperwork but my mom was so happy she did hers. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! (:
La Tache, I'm so proud of you! You are handing all of this with such grace and positivity. May I suggest Match.com?? Chris and I met on there! :D Hope to see you soon, let's grab dinner!
Wow - I knew that you couldn't get married in the Catholic church if you were divorced, but I didn't know you could actually file for an annulment. Do you basically just tell them what happened and they base their decision off of that?
Wow never knew anything about having to do that with the church! Hopefully it will be okay!
Um dating is a CRAZY thing let me tell ya but just go on dates have fun and just remember exactly what you want. If it's for fun then it's fun if it's serious it's serious. It's fun to have the best of both worlds when your single and dating!
Post a Comment