Image Map

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Halloween weekend 2014


I have always loved getting to know the families of my friends. I enjoy hearing stories, watching them interact and experiencing the inner workings of the unit itself. I think that I enjoy this so much because I was the kid who invited friends over and then we would hang out in the kitchen with my mom. This is why it is so special for me when my friends invite me to spend time with their families and their loved ones.

My great friend Melissa is getting married next May. I actually have two weddings to attend within two weeks of each other, and I am in both of them! Yikes! I am going to be one tired gal come June from all of the bridal showers and bachelorette parties. All will be great fun and I am over the moon excited and honored to be part of these lovelys special days! 

So back to Melissa, she was in California with her fiance so they could check out a wedding venue - the one they actually decided on - and of course I jumped on the opportunity to make the drive out to her parents house to see them and I am sure glad that I did. I pick up Melissa and her fiance from the airport on Saturday morning and then we headed to Melissa’s hometown for lunch, some catching up and a trip out to the new Folsom Dam in hopes to see Mormon Island - an island that used to be submerged under water but because of this crazy drought California is experiencing it was exposed earlier this year. Fortunately for the Dam and unfortunately for us, there has been some mountain run off and the island is now submerged again. We then headed over to a lake that Melissa went to as a kid and, sadly, the lake is completely dry, so we walked down into it to view a now exposed bridge. 









After our excursion, we headed back to the house, played games, told jokes, ate dinner and laughed - a lot - and Melissa asked me to be a bridesmaid! I am soo honored! After dinner, Melissa, her fiance and I decided to head to old town Folsom to celebrate Halloween. We went to this fun bar that had a cover band playing awesome, singable tunes. We danced the night away. Oh, and we may have had one or two too many...ooops!








It was a super fun 24 hours spent with amazing people, laughing and loving each other! It was wonderful! And no trip to Melissa’s parents house can end without her moms famous Aebleskivers. Talk about a food coma! 

Thank you, Melissa and family, for sharing your weekend with me! I had a blast, as always! Love you all!

3 comments:

Nina @ Flowers in my Hair said...

So pretty!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Awe you were in my area while I was in SF this weekend!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Looks like you had a fun night!