I hadn't posted in a while because, well, I just keep getting knocked down by this year called 2014 and keep having to pick myself up again. I keep having to remind myself that God won't give me more than I can handle. That being said, I am not sure how much more I can handle. (So, universe, how about we take a little break for a while...please? At least 30 years, to be exact)
I have always heard that bad things happen in 3's. And I was talking to a friend and she said that once those 3 things happen, you are okay for 30 years. That sounds about right to me, right? I will take it!
Shortly after I posted about my divorce, I was laid off from my job. Yup, that's right. I moved into my new house and then two weeks later was laid off. Boo.
A week or so after I was laid off, my family cat died. Double boo.
Right after my birthday, one of my best friends from childhood died. Triple boo.
Now, if I am counting right, that is four things. So, that means that I took one extra, for the team, and I am not sure how 'okay' I am with that, but I can't change the past, so I hope that this only means I get at least 40 years of goodness, right? I mean that is the only thing that makes sense.
On the bright side of all of this, I have been truly happier. I have been enjoying my time with my family and friends and I have been smiling. Having to go through these hardships is forcing me to remember and think about all of the good and the positive that is in my life. I am so blessed to be surrounded by amazing, kind, supportive, loving people.


7 comments:
Oh my goodness La Tache! You definitely have at least 50 years of good luck coming I'd say. Happy to see you blogging again :)
Getting 3 bad things instead of 4 totally makes you safe for like the next 50 years ;)
I lost my bff (since we were like 6) back in 2009. I know how heartbreaking it is and I 100% empathize with you!!
Oh honey I'm so sorry to hear about all the negative. But I'm so proud to hear you finding the silver lining in the situations that are coming your way.
oh, friend! I'm sending you all the good vibes in the word right now
Oh my goodness La Tache, I cannot believe how much you're dealing with at the moment -- or how gracefully you're handling all these changes! So, so sorry to hear about your friend. Thinking of you, and of course always up for a coffee date if you want to rant/talk it out/catch up.
*hugs* sending good vibes your way! You should definitely be good for at least another forty years for sure!
If you need anything or need someone to talk to you can always text or email me!
Post a Comment