My girlfriend, her boyfriend and I headed over to Absinthe for dinner to check off another one of my SF 7x7 Big Eats dishes - oh and to also hang out... We grabbed some cocktails and ate some soft garlic pretzels.
Restaurant: Absinthe
Dish: Soft garlic pretzels
Verdict: Ahhmazing! Definitely order these and then drink the cheese sauce!
After we enjoyed our snack and cocktails, we decided to move onto wine with dinner. Absinthe has an extensive wine menu...like over a hundred pages of wines by the glass, by the bottle, by the half bottle, by the carafe....basically anything you can think of, they've got it! As I am thumbing through the hundreds of dollar bottle of wine section I stumbled upon Echezeaux, which is a wine that comes from the same place as the La Tache wine. My heart started to beat fast as I scoured the pages to see if they had La Tache. No restaurants ever have La Tache. [next page] I have googled it many times to find it on restaurant wine menus and have only seen it on one menu: Jeanty at Jack's but the place is closed now. [next page] OMG! There it is! On page 61! I'm going to ask the waitress if I can see the bottle! [yes, I am that obnoxious person at a restaurant]
I ask the waitress and without hesitation says of course and, who I assume to be the sommelier, comes out with a 2004 bottle. I squealed, snapped a few photos and then had to give the bottle back - sadly we couldn't afford the $3,900 bottle that she brought out to us... booo!!!

We had an awesome dinner. The food at Absinthe is delicious. And the company was even better!




3 comments:
3900?!?!??! wow!!! But that is so awesome she brought it out to you and let you take photos...so fun!! :)
I'm so hungry when I come here. Maybe we do dinner instead of drinks! LOL
Wow that's expensive!
Post a Comment