Image Map

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Barristers' Ball 2014


Saturday night was the Barristers' Ball, ie the Law School Prom. We got ourselves all dolled up and headed to a friend's apartment for a rooftop preparty. As you can see, it was a gorgeous day in the Bay Area! We got there just in time as the sun was setting and the drinks were soaking in. 





The event was held in a hotel near the Berkeley Marina. There was food (code for: a few spring rolls and a s**t ton of cheese and crackers), an open bar (code for: a few types of beer and crappy champagne. Don't worry we went equipped with...well you know...flasks....), a photo booth and karaoke. Let me tell you, I was sold at Karaoke.


 Photobooths should be a sin with how much freaking fun they are. I mean seriously. Aren't they the best?!

Rich likes to call this one: 
1 tequila, 2 tequila, 3 tequila, FLOOR
(what really happened, is we didn't know that they took 4 pictures... so we left the photobooth after the 3rd picture)



The theme of the night was "A Night in Paris." This was the only resemblance to Paris.. 

We shut the place down, at 11:30 - yes I know, we are party animals, with 2 karaoke songs: Eagles Hotel California and Journey Don't Stop Believin' We got the whole place to sing along and it was perfect.

We headed to another local bar and then to get the most giant pizza slices and then home to pass out all before 2am. Overall, I would say the night was an awesomely fun success and I am excited to go again next year! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and enjoyed the lovely weather!

4 comments:

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

girl, you look gorgeous!! so fun that you get to go to these events with Rich and dress up :)

Nina B. said...

You guys looked great together! And that first photo is gorgeous.
www.wearflowersinyourhair.com

Diana said...

Love your dress! You guys look so happy at that photobooth sequence is hilariously perfect!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

You looked great! It sounds like you had a fun time too!