Image Map

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

New Job!


I have now been at my job for a few days and I am starting to feel more comfortable with the routine of going to sleep at a decent hour, waking up early and the stimulation of working! I commute using public transportation, which is super easy; however, this whole BART strike is really throwing a wrench into my daily routine…fortunately I have a couple of coworkers who are awesome who live in the area and we are able to carpool together!

I am a project manager for a social media startup. The company culture is awesome, I feel taken care of and the people I work with are friendly and patient! I feel so fortunate to be part of this industry and be working in such a cool environment.

All meals are provided on site with tons of options. For breakfast, they have fresh fruit brought in, every day, and I feel like I am in the bulk aisle at Whole Foods with how many different types of cereal is offered. Lunch is catered by 3 different restaurants, there is an afternoon snack of sandwiches and cookies and dinner is also provided, on a much smaller scale, for those who stay later. There are multiple chess boards, a ping pong table, foosball and pool and did I mention that a yoga instructor comes in twice a week for classes and there is a keg with 2 beers on tap. I like to describe this place as an amusement park for adults! It is amazing!

My first day was also my department’s team outing. Pizza was catered for dinner. While we sipped on beer and margaritas I was able to meet most of the team which was followed by being bussed to a karaoke bar for what will always be considered the best first day in the history of first days!

I hope I didn’t just make you all jealous of my new job….Just know that places like this are real, not just a fantasy you see portrayed in movies and documentaries about Google and Facebook! Are you all about to put in your 2-week notice and move to San Francisco to work in the Tech Industry?! Yeah, I thought so! :-)

Happy Wednesday!

8 comments:

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

wow!! can I come work with you ;) that office environment sounds amazing!!! and I am super jealous :) congrats lady!!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

That is awesome LaTache! Start ups in SF are the best.. I'm trying to make my way back over there right now as well! Which company did you get a job with?

Rebekah said...

Your new job sounds awesome! I'm so glad you're loving it!

Sarah said...

meals provided for? dang girl!

Jamie @ jforjamie.com said...

Yay! Congrats, sounds like a great job!

Real Nutritious Living said...

Congrats on the new job La Tache!! I can't wait for all the wonderful blog posts sure to follow and hear all about it!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm totally jealous! Meals included?!

Mrs. Wendy Cruz said...

CONGRATS!!!! So happy for you! Welcome back to SF!