Image Map

Monday, August 19, 2013

Book Review: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?

Image
I have been really enjoying listening to Audiobooks. I am so glad that I "discovered" them, they make commuting and work go by so much quicker! Since I am listening while at work, I have realized that I need to listen to fun and easy audiobooks so I can concentrate on my work while retaining the words in the book.

My only experience with Mindy Kaling is from when she played Kelly Kapoor on the office. I enjoyed her character and after reading Tina & Ellen's books, I felt that Mindy's book was the most logical next step  (see what I did there? first name basis...still).

Just like the other audiobook, Mindy is the narrator. She is witty, hilarious and sweet all at the same time. I definitely recommend this audiobook.

I will leave you with the following excerpts from her book: 

"I don't know how to do drugs because no one showed me"
*amen to this! haha

"And going to town on all of the "kid friendly" snacks in the house. Kid friendly food is the best, because kid friendly simply means: total garbage. I ate frozen chicken nuggets shaped like animals, fruit chews shaped like fruit, and fruits shaped like cubes in syrup. I discovered that kids hate for any food to resemble the form it originally was in nature. They are on to something, because that processed garbage was insanely delicious. I spent some excellent Saturday nights watching Monique strutting on stage at the Apollo while I ate a handful of children's chewable vitamins and wrapped myself in my boss's cashmere kimono."

*true story about babysitting! any and all babysitters out there know that it is an unspoken rule that you get to eat the families food...! ha

3 comments:

Laura Darling said...

I read this book on vacation last week and I totally agree! So funny! I didn't know much about her either before I read it, but she's a riot!

Real Nutritious Living said...

I'm so glad you posted this because I was wondering this book! thanks for your input too Laura!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I need to read this book.