| image |
I have recommended The Happiness Project by Gretchin Rubin to every person I have spoken to, while reading it and now after. The entire book is very uplifting and shows that not everyone is perfect and we all have our flaws and set backs.
During and after reading this book, I found myself reflecting on my own life: my marriage, my family, my friends and myself. I found myself with a strong desire to clean out my closet, to think/take a deep breath before I react, to give people some slack and not to keep score. All of these things are hard to keep on track with and easy to forget. But since I have made myself aware of them, I am more conscious and can make a conscious effort in resolving them and making myself happier.
Here are a few excerpts that I really enjoyed:
"It's easier to complain than to laugh, easier to yell than to joke around, easier to be demanding than to be satisfied."
"The days are long, but the years are short"
Go out and rent this book, or buy it.
It is amazing and totally worth it.
1 comment:
I think I just got it for my kindle can't remember though.. But I shall do that if I haven't!
Post a Comment