Image Map

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Griffith Observatory & Umami Burger

This past weekend was *hot *hot *hot in LA, oh and it was supposed to be dry heat...but that didn't happen. It was hot and humid and sticky and sweaty. (Have I mentioned before that I would rather be cold than hot?) It was pretty uncomfortable. Fortunately we powered through and I was able to cross off 3 Bucket List Items! :-) (Check out my WB Studio Tour)

During the day is was hot but at night the temperature was better than perfect and the beach sunset was killer!

Rich's cousin visited us in LA to help us cross off more items from our LA Bucket List. 

On Saturday we spent the evening at home watching Batman, drinking wine, and eating bread, cheese and roasted garlic. It was perfect.

On Sunday we woke up, got some much needed coffee and drove out to Griffith Park to check out the Observatory. The Observatory is free and parking is free. Can't get any better than that.

Fortunately we got to the Observatory and the sky was still pretty clear. After walking around the clouds started to roll in and by the end of our self made tour, it was a bit overcast. The views were spectacular from the Observatory. I loved that you could see for miles in every direction and the Hollywood Sign was in the background of most of our pictures.

IMG_4751

IMG_4752

IMG_4755

IMG_4756

Tourist Pose.

IMG_4767

Rich decided to make his own tourist pose :-)

IMG_4771

Downtown Los Angeles.

IMG_4777

Flexing...

IMG_4778

IMG_4780

After the Observatory we headed to Santa Monica for Beers and Burgers at Umami Burger. If you are going to the Santa Monica location, this is located sort of inside of the Fred Segal on the East side of 5th Street (not on Broadway like the address would suggest). We almost gave up because it was a little hard to find. We ordered the Manly Fries - they were silly delicious. All three of us got a different burger and went around tasting all of them. Kelsey ordered The Original, Rich ordered their seasonal Oxtail Burger and I ordered the Truffle Burger.

Oh.My.Gosh. These were delicious. Juicy, flavorful and totally the perfect amount.
I guess you could say they had a lot of Umami... ;-)

IMG_4784

IMG_4785

Thanks Kelsey for crossing off two of our Bucket List Items with us! We had a blast! 

4 comments:

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Aw that looks like fun!I remember all the movies filmed there.

Umami burger is AMAZING! Omg my mouth is watering just looking at them. Mo and I went in SF and we had truffle tots! Not on the menu you have to order them next time!

R said...

First...bread, cheese and roasted garlic? You and I could def be friends.

Second...it looks like your hubby is peeing on the wall.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That looks like fun! You need to try a place called Swingers. They have the best breakfast and a lot of the food is organic. Love the Griffith!

Unknown said...

yes to both of these things!