Image Map

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 30: 5 Songs

In coordination with yesterday's post about my wedding anniversary, I wanted to post 5 of my favorite and meaningful songs!

500 Miles - The Proclaimers
Rich and I spent the majority of our "courtship" away from each other. We lived in different cities and sometimes different continents, depending on his schedule. We would use the words in this song and say things like "I would swim 500 miles" etc.
The pianist at our wedding played this song as we exited the church and the DJ played this song as we entered the reception as husband and wife!


Time - Hootie & the Blowfish
This song has a lot of different meanings to me. It reminds me of my mom - this is the kind of music she likes - it reminds me of high school - I saw Hootie in concert with my mom and a girlfriend - it reminds me of all of the long road trips that Rich and I have taken. This is a song that we also quote daily :-) I mean, how could you not!


Chicken Fried - Zac Brown Band
This song reminds me of the first deployment Rich and I endured. It came out the summer/fall of 2008 and every time I heard it it would bring me to tears (those of you who have listened to the song know which part I'm talking about). And it so happened that the song would play on the base that Rich was at.


It Happens - Sugarland
I know this is a silly one...but I can't leave it out. When Rich and I went to Hawai'i in 2009, this song was played constantly on the radio. Sugarland is known for the country twang and so we had a great time driving with all of the windows out belting the words in our best southern drawl. It makes me laugh every time I hear it.


When I Fall in Love - Nat King Cole
I love Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole. Their voices are like butter to my ears! I just can't get enough! This song was our first wedding dance song. It is actually really easy to dance to because there is no beat/rhythm to the music so you can dance really any dance to it and go as fast or as slow as you want. Before our wedding, Rich and I took some dancing lessons: Ballroom and Salsa. We had such a great experience during those 8 weeks and we had so much fun together! We still dance in our living room :-)


And one more for the road...
Have I Told You Lately - Van Morrison/Rod Stewart (or whoever - it seems everyone has covered it)
I know that this is totally a romantic song, but it's the song that my mom would sing to me as a little girl and we say/sing to each other now. This song has a special place in my heart. Always.


---

Challenge: React to Letting Go 5 Songs

No comments: