We had a busy first weekend - here - and a relaxing first part to the week - here - then we headed to Oregon.
Rich's grandparents are in Washington and we had been planning this visit for about a month now - so needless to say, we were very excited to be on our way!
We arrived in Oregon on Thursday night just in time for dinner at Huber's Cafe in SW Portland.
They are known for their Spanish coffees - Rich had one this trip and enjoyed it (I didn't get a picture because Rich was being a party-pooper :-))
I had their Seafood Penne - it was very good!
On Friday morning, the boys headed to the shooting range and G-Pat and I walked through downtown Camas and walked through their many antique stores.
For lunch I got to see my beautiful Alpha Gamm Big Sister!
We hadn't seen each other in too long
We ate at Dorio and had gyros and champagne. The food was light and delicious and perfect for lunch.
After lunch we walked around the Alphabet District and then headed to Deschutes Brewery where we met up with Rich and his grandparents.
After a few beers, my Big Sis headed on her way and the rest of us went to Henry's for Dinner. Their Signature Gorgonzola Fries were recommended to us, A.Freaking.Mazing! And I had the mac & cheese.
Saturday morning we woke up early so I could meet a high school friend of mine for brunch at Tasty n Sons. The menu is meant to be shared - we didn't realize this at first, so we ordered separately and then we got the hang of it and ordered a dessert! We ordered the Chocolate Potato Donut, Cast Iron Fritata, Boudin Blanc Omelette and Auntie Paula's French Toast Sundae. Everything was amazing, especially the company! :-)
After brunch Rich, the Grandparents and I headed to Newport, Oregon.
We made it to Newport and, of course, stopped at Mo's for lunch.
After lunch we headed to the Oregon Coast Aquarium. I would definitely recommend the aquarium - it is outdoors and there are so many exhibits to see.
The weather was absolutely perfect. We drove around to different view points and over the Yaquina Bay Bridge & the Yaquina Bay Lighthouse in Newport. Rich and I walked along the beach and enjoyed the sunshine.
By this time it was dinner time so we headed over to The Rogue Alehouse. This restaurant is right on the water and has amazing views. Sadly the alehouse only has tours once per day, sadly, we missed it. The food was good and the beer was tasty.
We were pooped after dinner so we check in to the hotel, rested and relax and then Rich and I went for a moonlight stroll along the beach. It was so peaceful. We had to turn back and head back to the hotel because the wind picked up..a lot!
Sunday morning we had a hotel Easter Egg hunt, had breakfast in the hotel, checkout of the hotel, went to the Yaquina Head Lighthouse, the Depoe Bridge and headed back to Portland for lunch at the Newport Seafood Grill and then to the airport.
We are in the season for Whale watching, so when we were at the Yaquina Head Lighthouse and at the Depoe Bridge we were able to see some whales spouting and the first sighting we saw we saw the whale come out of the water! It was such and amazing sight!
We were both sad to leave because that meant that our vacation was over and Rich had to get back to school!









No comments:
Post a Comment