Image Map

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Fresh Produce Box

Our complex has partnered with some local farmers to provide us and others around our neighborhood with local fresh produce! We decided this week to give it a shot, and believe me we were not disappointed! 

The fruits and veggies are so vibrant, luscious and rich looking and we both can't wait to dig right in!



Box Contents
Burgundy Spring Onion
Detroit Red Beets
Blue Dwarf Kale
Swiss Chard 
Carrots
Curly Parsley

Fava Beans
Strawberries
Mustard Greens
Bacon Avocados

We made carrot noodles last night and I ate some of the strawberries this morning.
There is just so much, I feel a little bit overwhelmed! I don't know where to start with all of these beautiful leafy greens!

Any ideas??

3 comments:

Grant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kiki said...

We just copied a dish we found at a place in Nashville...put the kale through your food processor. Add just enough olive olive to get in covered. Then add lemon juice, dried currants or cranberries, and chopped almonds! SO DELICIOUS!!!

Sara Elizabeth said...

I LOVE buying local! We have a Farmer's Market on Main Street every Thursday evening and Sunday morning, I look forward to it every week!