I go to a yoga class once a week, one of a few weekly exercise classes I take.
The most recent class was not necessary the best in terms of practice, but it really got my thinking...
(I know you are saying to yourself, "You shouldn't be thinking during yoga, only breathing")
Well, we had a sub instructor and at the beginning of the class she had us all make an intention for the class. This intention is meant to focus the mind when it starts to wonder to other things.
For the intention, she had us think of the 5 most beautiful things.
That's it.
It is harder than it sounds.
Believe me.
So as my hour and a half yoga session continued, I thought about the 5 most beautiful things.
I first thought about a sunset,
then flowers,
then Lake Tahoe & Yosemite.
My mind went through all of the tangible things that I find to be beautiful.
And as I got deeper into my practice I realized that, yes those things are beautiful, but that is not what I want to focus my attention on.
I don't want to focus on tangible things, events or places.
In the last few minutes of my practice and into the night and as I fell asleep I thought of the 5 most beautiful things:
Love
Friendship
Family
Romance
Laughter
(in no particular order, of course!)
Those five things brought me peace during and after my yoga practice and I hope that they also bring me calm throughout my working and personal days as well.
What do you think are the 5 most beautiful things?
1 comment:
Wow! That sounds like it was a great class and that the instructor made it even better!
Post a Comment