Image Map

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Happy Birthday

To ME.


Wow, I am 25.
A quarter of a century.
Can you believe how time flies?

I have been in a very reflective mood over the last month.
Coming up on this big milestone.
Think and reminiscing on my life.
The not so great.
The good.
The amazing.
The best!
25 years of a great life that I wouldn't trade for the world.

So much has happened in the 25 short years that I have been alive.

I was born in to a big loving family. 
Many aunts and uncles, a great set of grandparents and family friends who have always taken care of me as if I was their own.
I really am blessed with the people in my life.

I have been thinking a lot about one of the biggest parts of my life: 
The people who shaped me.

My Mom.
Where do I even begin?
She is beautiful inside and out.
She is strong and independent. 
She took care of me, even when it was hard and (I am sure) she didn't want to. 
She made sure that I had a good head on my shoulders and surrounded myself with good people and great family.
She has a heart of gold and will go to the ends of the earth for anyone and everyone.
I am grateful that she passed along her passion and drive.
I wouldn't be the same woman I am today without her.

I am so grateful for the man that I can safely call my dad.
After many nights of screaming, crying and tantrums (him of course ;-)! ha! 
(ok, seriously...it was me)
We spent long hours talking about life, love, boys, family.
Yeah, we had our ups and downs - so do many others with their parents.
While he may not be my, as we call it, "BioDad," he is my dad.
We had/have a unique relationship and I am so glad that I can look back and be grateful.

My brothers.
Fun Fact: I watched both be born - yes, you read that right!
I helped name both of them and I was able to give Daniel his first bath.
This two boys are so special to me.
They are growing into young men and I can't wait to see what life offers then and what they have to offer life.
I am a proud sister!

I also gained a sister, like a blood sister ;-)
She and I met when I was in High School, and I have never been the same
She is beautiful, spunky, fun-loving and warm-hearted.
I am so blessed that she and her big family are in my life
And I sure hope that she blesses my special birthday with the birth of her son!
Fingers crossed!

My Friends.
I pride myself in that fact that I surround myself with amazing people.
Only friends who lift me up and make me feel good inside.
Thank you so much!

And last but not least - maybe most important for my adult life....
The man who has stolen my heart.
Rich!
There are millions of reason why he is the man that I married.
He always makes me smile.
He gets me.
I know that I can always count on him.
He is stable, strong, passionate, smart, handsome, wonderful.
I could go on for days about this guy!

Thank you.
Really all I can say is Thank You.
Thank you to everyone who believes in me, who supports me, who loves me.

Thank you.

Anyway...I will get off of my soapbox and let you all go off and enjoy your Saturday!
I know that I sure will!
Happy Happy Birthday....toooooo mmmmmmmmeeeeeeee!!!!

5 comments:

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLIE!!!!! What a beautiful post!!! I hope today is everything and more for you!!!!! Go celebrate life to its fullest :)

Allie said...

Happy birthday to you (and me!!)!

R said...

Happy birthday honey! Hope it's a wonderful one.

kiki said...

Love this post! Happy Birthday!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope yesterday was a great day!