Image Map

Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend in the City by the Bay

The husband got an awesome job for the summer and was gone for a week for the training.
He got back on Friday night, and by 'Friday night' I mean Saturday morning at 2am :-(
I didn't mention that we had planned to drive up north for a quick trip to the bay...
Yes...I know, crazy right?!
I slept a bit, woke up, picked him up from the airport, and then went to sleep and we woke up at 6:30 and were out of the house by 7:30 on our way up the 405 to the 5...Yikes!
I drove so he could get some much needed rest!

We got to his parents house, relaxed a bit and had lunch and then one of my greatest friends met us in his hometown. It was soo great to see her! It will be a while until the next visit, so it was a much needed get together!

We drove downtown and stopped in a wine shop, got a few glasses of wine and sat outside.
People watching and wine definitely go together!


My husband is so handsome!


Love this girl!

In the evening we headed over to Rich's friends house for a fun BBQ, beers, games and birthday singing!
It was nice to put names to faces of some of Rich's high school friends!

Sunday we had breakfast with Rich's family and then headed to my hometown to watch my youngest brother play baseball.
After baseball, we went to Blackhawk and had lunch with Rich's parents, friend and my mom.
Blackhawk is where Rich and I had our wedding reception, so it was quite fitting since we just celebrated our year anniversary! :-)

If you are ever in the area, the Blackhawk Plaza is beautiful! I would definitely recommend visiting and even taking a tour of the Auto Museum!
We had lunch at The Little Pear. It was in the best location because we had the waterfall in the background! It was great! And a beautiful day!


Sadly, we didn't take any pictures in front of this fountain during the wedding reception...which was a huge bummer...


Oh well, we got our pictures this weekend! :-)


Isn't it lovely?!


Sadly, we are missing the rest of my family :-(
Cute picture though, anyway!


Here is an overall weekend shot :-) 
(Thank you instagram)

Like I keep saying...I miss the bay!
It is just so beautiful!

Rich and I need to get out s**t together and start finding more beautiful places in LA!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What a fun weekend -- good food, family and friends! I miss the bay too :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Have you tried Swingers in LA? It's a great, fun place to eat. I also love Griffith and the canyon.

I love that waterfall!