Image Map

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Day in the Life: Customer Service Volume 39

We have to do call backs. 
(this is when a customer changes their address or they start a new subscription, we call to confirm that they received the paper on that particular day)

Typically we leave messages, especially when we do them on Saturdays
However, this customer answered...
Me: I am calling from <newspaper>and I am calling to check to see if you received your newspaper this morning?
Customer: What?
Me: I repeated myself
Customer: Yes, I got the Wall Street Journal and Barrons...
Me: I am actually calling from <newspaper>, did you receive our newspaper?
Customer: I subscribe to the Monday only issue that I get on Saturday...
Me: Right, did you get the paper today?
Customer: Oh, yes

Seriously?
What part of  "did you get IBD today" did you not understand?!
ha! oh man...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

People don't listen!! GRR

Katie said...

Seriously. People do NOT listen! Oy!