Image Map

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Trip to Las Vegas

Rich and I made the quick and easy drive to Las Vegas on Saturday morning.
We figured we would leave Saturday to avoid any Friday night traffic (especially because it was Cinco de Mayo weekend)

We got there, relaxed a bit in the warm sunshine and then were given a tour of the Bellagio and part of the strip (Rich hadn't been to Las Vegas before)

The Bellagio

My beautiful sis!

An amazing chocolate fountain we all wish we could have put our mouths under!

My Sweet Husband!
After our visit to the strip, we headed back to the house and had some cheese and wine and relaxed. 
We got ourselves ready and then headed back to the Palms to eat dinner at 9
9 is a fancy steak house. It was delicious and very decedent! 

When we were leaving the Palms, Randy (my sisters Mom's husband) was stopped by this large man. They were chatting (Randy is a poker player, so he knows everyone it seems!) Randy introduced him to Joy and then this other guy came over and started chatting with Joy and randy. 

He said "Hi" to Rich, Tab and I and we said "Hi" back and continued to talk to each other.
As we left the Palms, Randy and Tabitha told us that that was Nelly who said "Hi" to us!
So pretty much we met Nelly and he wants to be our best friend!
(No exaggeration there...haha!)

After dinner at the Palms, we headed over to The Orleans Hotel/Casino to see Bill Maher.
He is hilarious and we all had so much fun at his show!

Check out his website.

After the show we headed back to the house and went to bed, Rich and I were exhausted after waking up at 5am 2 days in a row!

Sunday, we woke up and sat outside and enjoyed the warm weather! 
It was beautiful in Las Vegas this weekend!
We ate breakfast and then got ready to go out for another scenic adventure - this time, away from the strip and in to nature!

We stopped at a cute, hip spot for lunch and then drove out to Red Rock Canyon.
The contrasts of the Red Rock and the blue sky was an amazing and beautiful site!



Rich ran up the side of one of the rocks to get some artsy pictures! 


The scenery is so different from CA!

The whole clan!








Overall we had a fantastic weekend and we were treated like royalty by our wonderful family!
We both can't wait to go back and visit!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

No way!! I was also in Vegas this weekend and took similar pictures at the Bellagio! Small world. :)

~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

Rebekah said...

So fun! That chocolate fountain does look amazing. Your pictures are just beautiful! We're hoping to go to Vegas before moving next year!

Jessica said...

Gorgeous pictures!!

Tara said...

I am so beyond jealous that you live within driving distance of Vegas. I could never live there but it's my favorite place to visit pretty much EVER. :)

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time! Love going to Vegas, but I don't go near enough.

Unknown said...

Love these photos! I honeymooned in Cali and LOVED it. I hope to go to Vegas one day soon.

I would love to feature your wedding on my site. I try to feature new brides pretty regularly. You pictures are beautiful and funny-you'd be a great guest blogger! Just check me out and let me know if you're interested.

:)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How fun! You know I've been to Vegas several times and never hit up Red Rock! I need to go there. The photos look beautiful!