I spent 58 minutes with a customer today because he couldn't get signed in to our website..
We tried everything
We cleared the history, temporary internet files and cookies
We added our website to his pop-up blocker list
We added our website to his trusted sites
We refreshed the screen
We restarted his computer
Everything in my brain tool box
Finally, the screen was white
Nothing was there
So I asked the customer if he was connected to the internet, on a hunch...
He told me he was...
I asked him to try a different browser window and see if he could open up a new screen in a different browser.
Same thing.
The screen was blank and said it couldn't access the page
So I had him test out going to our website and an error came up saying that he was not connected to the internet
58 minutes of troubleshooting and he wasn't even connected to the internet?!
Now I know to ask if a customer is connected to the internet first when a customer has any sort of problem!
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, almost an hour only to find out he wasn't connected?? What a pain!
That would have drove me insane!!!!
Post a Comment