So every 8 weeks or so, I don't work on Friday so I can cover phones and work on Saturday.
Our Sales department is not open on Saturdays to receive inbound calls. Sales will come in on Saturday and they will make outbound sales calls, but I can't transfer anyone to Sales from Customer Service.
Anyways, long story short: a gentleman called because a sales rep called him and he wanted to talk to him. I cannot transfer to sales and I politely told him the department was closed and he would have to call back on Monday.
Customer: Well, he just called me, 10 minutes ago.
Me: I apologize, but the department is closed and I can't transfer you.
Customer: Is he a ghost?
Me: Well, no, sir, he is not a ghost...Actually maybe he is...I've never met him
Customer: UGH! He isn't a ghost, he just called me!
blah blah blah
I thought I would be sassy back with the guy because he was being sassy with me. Probably a bad idea...hahaha
Oh well, it's done...now I know to say that the customer just missed the sales rep for the future...
Moral of the story: Don't ask stupid questions if you don't want a stupid response...
5 comments:
Lol! I would have totally got sassy with him too!
hahaha, too funny! i would have had the same response!
I like the moral of your story. One has to be patient to work on the customer service department. I give you credit!! Xo
That is really funny :)
Haha! I love the response you gave him!
Post a Comment