Image Map

Friday, November 18, 2011

Pre Chopped Garlic

I have been watching a lot of Food Network and on one of the show I saw the most amazing thing - pre chopped garlic!

We use so much garlic every day and if we could only have it already chopped and all ready to go it would save so much time and garlic-y fingers!

So, what I did was, I peeled like 2 heads of garlic, put it in the food processor and added a little olive oil and processed the garlic until it was finely chopped/minced.

I got this cute little jar at Cost Plus World Market for $0.99 and voila! I have ready made chopped garlic!

Have a garlic-y rest of your day :-)

{I found out that you don't want to keep garlic for too long in the fridge because a lot of bacteria can grow in it...ew! So if you do this, make sure you make enough for a couple of days and discard after a week! I don't want anyone getting sick!}

2 comments:

jacin {lovely little details} said...

love this idea!!

Katie said...

They sell a huge tub of minced garlic at Costco. I've had mine for a year, and it just expired, and never had any problems with it. It's SOOO nice to never have to chop garlic. I'd never use it if that were the case.