What do you all think of tanning??
Real Tanning?
![]() |
| image |
Spray Tanning?
| image |
Airbrush Tanning?
| image |
Tanning beds?
| image |
So far, I have done them all!
For prom in High School I did the spray tan.
I recently tried the airbrushing and I had a bad experience with it...it was streaky and splotchy.
Which is weird because I had only heard good things about it!
Now I am trying the bed, only a few minutes at a time, but I still am not sure how comfortable I am doing it.
Basically, I need to be tan for the wedding because I am wearing a white dress...
What do you think??

14 comments:
I think it's safest just to sit outside for a little bit each day. Tanning beds are like guaranteeing skin cancer. Spray tans smell AWFUL, plus you don't want it rubbing off on your beautiful white dress.
Agree with Adrienne above... tanning beds back you from the inside out. GROSS!
My mom lost a friend from her work a few years back to skin cancer. She went in with terrible migraines, and they diagnosed her with brain cancer, giving her 6 months to live. While trying to initially combat the cancer, they discovered that a spot of skin cancer on her arm (she was a regular tanning bed participant) had spread throughout her whole body, and ultimately killed her.
I don't like tanning beds - they're so super concentrated. I used to work in a dermatology office and they turned me against tanning beds. If you get a good spray tan, the results are good, but you already had a bad experience and I wouldn't want you to stress out right around your wedding day. I say slow and steady - some time outside with some sunscreen is the best way to go.
I love tanning beds. They are so relaxing and make the tan look so natural. But I do know they are extremely bad for you. If you could sit outside for long periods of time during the day I saw go for it. But I have to admit I totally did tanning beefs before my wedding. Probably for three months beforehand.
Spray tan usually looks fake. At least from what I've seen. I think there is sunscreen type stuff for raining beds?
Big day is soon!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!! :-) :-)
I am SUPER anti-tanning beds. If you HAVE to get sun, do it the natural way, and add just a little self tan if necessary.
Personally not a fan of tanning - just as you get older, it is definitely what seperates the young faces versus the old faces. :-)
Just make sure to moisturize!
I've gotten yucky skin stuff from tanning beds, so I quit using them years and years ago. I've never spray tanned, but I have used to the "natural glow" lotion from Aveeno and Jergens before. Now there is a foam. I liked that.
Go natural, with sunscreen of course. Good luck and I'm sure you'll look fantastic.
i know that tanning beds are HORRIBLE for you but to be completely honest, I love them. and spay tans ALWAYS make me splotchy... like as in i have a skin disorder... now that I'm expecting I think the t.b. is one of the things i miss so much! i am so palllle now hah! and of course, love outdoor tanning BUT who wants all the tan lines showing in your dress? :)
My Friends all joke that I have a build in tan. So needless to say, I don't tan but I would suggest a spray tan to save your skin in the future. I have seen some pretty leathery ladies around these parts, too much tanning!
I've only done those slight tanning lotions (Jergens has one I think, I want to say that was the brand I used - the smell is kinda "eh" but if you use it every day for a couple of weeks at least it works), tanning beds (never again!) and just general being outside for short periods of time (not laying out per se) and getting a healthy tan.
Get in the sun for a little bit, but wear sunscreen. My sister works for a cancer NPO and she'd be mortified if I said tanning bed :)
I would try a spray tan that an actual person does, not from a machine. I've never tried to machine spray tans b/c I heard bad things about them, but I got a person to actually spray me and I had great results! I would also suggest getting it done 2 days before your wedding. :)
I'm bad and lay in the tanning bed several times a year, just to get a base tan for the beach so I don't look like a ghost. I tanned for my wedding and used Maui Babe tanning lotion (LOVED)
I think the best, easiest and cheapest way to tan is to try to do it naturally outside. I know a lot of people say the spray tan is good but since your skin absorbs everything... I dont know.
My mom just told me about that Bare Minerals has a self tanner that looks amazing. My mom has had a few skin cancer scares, plus like I mentioned above, lost a friend to it, so she has become a huge fan of fake tanning lotions. It's a little pricey ($50 for 16 oz) but she says its well worth it. You might want to give it a try before the wedding and see if it's something that works for you.
Post a Comment