Image Map

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bachelorette/Shower Weekend

This weekend could not have gone any better...
...well, okay, that's a lie, I wish that all of the bridesmaids were there, but sometimes you can't have it all, can you?

Anyways, I will leave out the frustrating morning and focus on the great weekend that I had!

I got ready on Saturday at my house in a haste. Miss Laura picked me up and drove me to the meeting place.
We all compiled into 2 cars and we got on the road to Napa.
that's me!!

We went to lunch at this cute and delicious Italian restaurant and then I was treated to a Swedish Massage that turned into more of a deep tissue beat up...ha!

at lunch
 Anyways...after my massage, we went to to Plump Jack Winery and did some wine tasting! They have some tasty wine! After we tasted their wines, we headed up to a little terrace and brought more wine and I opened a few x-rated gifts ;-P

the gals!
drinking some tasty wine!
Love this one!!
my beautiful Christine!

Friend!
on the little patio!

a beautiful day!
We spent a while up there chatting and enjoying the beautiful sunshine!

Around 5:30, we headed back to the East Bay and waited at my house. A friend of mine came in and my mom offered to pick her up from the airport. At this point, it was just me and the BMs and my friend from our new home. We headed to dinner at this Mexican place in Melissa's hometown.

We went back to Melissa's house and hung around and talked. It was very nice and relaxing. Melissa showed us a video of Sweeter when he was on their Elementary School's TV station. It was adorable. He makes all of the same facial expressions! It was hilarious!!

We got ready for bed and talked a bit more and then went to sleep. We were all exhausted from drinking wine all day and being out in the sun.

On Sunday morning I woke up and I had a little bit of Friend time! It was lovely!

She went down to help set up for the shower and I stayed upstairs and got ready for the day because my mom was picking me up and taking me to lunch while the girls got everything ready and set up.

My mom picked me up and we went to a winery for lunch. I had the most wonderful lunch with her! We cried a bit :-) It was so sweet! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful mom!!

my beautiful mom!
At 2, we headed over to the shower and we started everything! It was a blast! We took lots of pictures, had tea and mimosas and opened lots of presents! Sweeter and I scored some good loot!

the shower
We played 2 games. The first game was like a talk show. My Christine had emailed Sweeter and bunch of questions and he had to answer them. Then she asked me the questions and I had to answer them how I thought Sweeter would have.
i.e. What was the moment that you knew you were in love with La Tache?
and I had to guess how he had answered.
It was so romantic :-)

she won the hat contest...obviously! :-)
And the second game was MadLibs! It was hilarious! I'll have to type it up and post it!

And of course, Miss Laura was writing down everything that I was saying as I was opening gifts and then read them aloud as what I will say to Sweeter on our wedding night! Oh my gosh, it was hilarious! I haven't laughed that hard in a while!! I think it didn't help that his mom and grandparents were in the room...haha! It was hilarious!!

the gals!
I love this picture!
all my girls...minus 1
once my little, always my little!

my alpha gams!

all of the ladies!

Awe, Liz!

the R&L cookie and my bow/ribbon bouquet!

best wishes to the soon to be mrs! Love this!!
There was a lot of delicious tea time foods and lots of great company! The weather was beautiful and I am so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life!

us with our Mommas!

I have been thinking a lot recently about the people that I chose to spend my time with. Every woman that I have created a friendship with is unique in her own way and is special to me in her own way. I have been so blessed to have such amazing people that have been so supportive and always on my side.

13 comments:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

What a beautiful shower! I love the hats and your dress!! So classy, summery and beautiful!

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

This is beautiful girl! What a wonderful time!!!

Christina said...

It looks like you had such a good time. You look beautiful!!

Jessica said...

That floral print dress looks fantastic on you, fyi!

Sounds like you had an amazing weekend. :D

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

what a super fun weekend!!! love all the photos. love your pink dress you wore to the winery...i want it!! :)
didnt you have the best weekend with all your bridesmaids. :)

Tara said...

PLEASE tell me where you got that flowered dress (the one in the photos of you with your mom from I think the second day?)! Pretty pretty please?

This: "Every woman that I have created a friendship with is unique in her own way and is special to me in her own way" is exactly the way how I feel about all of my friends! Like you I'm so grateful and thankful to have amazing people in my life :)

Delainey said...

What a classy Bachelorette party! And your shower looked like tons of fun. I loved the hats.

Suze said...

LOVE this post! So sweet! Glad you had fun!

Allie said...

Looks like a blast! I did a wine tasting/massage day for my bachelorette party too. Great way to celebrate!

Megan Harmeyer said...

What a picturesque view at the winery! I love that area. It looks like you had a perfect weekend. The hats are so chic!

Jamie Leigh said...

It looks like you had an amazing time!! How many bridesmaids are you having? I am struggling with this part of my wedding planning!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks and sounds like it was a great time to spend with the girls! I love those hats!

Rebekah said...

What a fun time! The time with friends is wonderful!