I am sorry that I haven't been reading all of your blogs!
I promise to catch up next week!
I have been super busy with work and figuring out how to balance everything!
Please forgive...and thank you to everyone who is still interested in my {now} boring life!
Phew! I have survived one whole week at my new job!
I am really loving it!
I am working at a printing company, and I was hired to work for their Leadership development Program. Basically the company is training me to be management. It is a 3 year long program that allows me to work in every department of the printing shop. I started out in the Shipping/Handling and in 3 weeks, I will move to the bindery and be there for 3 weeks, then I will move to the Printing Press and be there for 3 weeks. {Yes, I will operating heavy machinery...and I have heard many-a-horror story about people losing finger tips or getting their arms stuck in the press and yanking it out and then having their skin ripped off...eek!} Anyway... After I am done with all of the hard/manual labor kind of stuff, I will move into more of an office environment and do accounting, estimating, customer service, sales etc.
So far {since it has only been 5 days} it is a lot of fun!
I am learning a lot, everyone that I work with is patient and kind and ready and willing to help me learn and succeed in my new position!
Isn't it amazing how the people you work with can make a world of difference?
Happy Friday and again, thank you for staying interested!
;-)
10 comments:
Congrats on finding a job you love! =) I know it can be super rewarding, especially when everyone is so sweet!
xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons
So glad you are loving your new job!
I'm glad it is going well for you!
I love that everything is going well!
Oh and I gave you a stylish blogger award that I received earlier in the day!
SO glad that you are loving the job. Sounds very interesting!!
I'm glad you're loving it! :)
Wow, that's a little longer than I had to deal with but when I was a manager at Disney World I had to train for 3 weeks in costume on the front lines, then a week of opening shift, a week of mids, a week of closing, a week of Disney University management training...all in all it was about two months but I will say this...programs like that really make you appreciate the inner workings of a company!
That's great that it's going well and that you're enjoying it!
So glad to hear that you are loving your new job!!! People DO really make the world of difference! Happy Monday :)
Post a Comment