**My Last Italian Adventure Installment.
I hope you all enjoyed re-living my experiences with me! **
I went to Italia in the summer of 2008. I studied Art, Music and Culture in Firenze for a month.
I hope you all enjoyed re-living my experiences with me! **
I went to Italia in the summer of 2008. I studied Art, Music and Culture in Firenze for a month.
From now on, my adventures were mainly shared with my two roommates: Jodi and Stephanie, people in my program, Bev or random people we met along the way!
Now on to my Firenze adventures--a lot of site seeing, staying up late, and wine! How to travel in Europe when you are 20!
I have decided that I will take you along my journey based on the places I went :-)
Last but certainly not least!
Firenze
{I will need to break this into a couple of posts...I was here for a month! What can I say?}
The Duomo.
Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore
At night.
During the Day
Isn't it gorgeous...from all angles and at all times of day!
Wow!
On my last day in Firenze, Stephanie and I climbed the stairs of the Duomo to the top. Zia told me to go early in the day and to go on a cooler day. She was right...and we didn't follow her instructions....it was hot and there wasn't a lot of air circulation...it was totally worth the heat exhaustion! Do it, if you are there! You won't be disappointed!!
All of that graffiti!
We were getting hot!! It was warm and the stairs are narrow!
The paintings of the ceiling of the Duomo! Isn't it neat?! They have the lowest part be the depiction of Hell and as you move up the done, you get into Heaven! So beautiful!
Yes...the stairs were ALL that steep and ALL that narrow!
The view from the top!! That is Santa Croce
San Lorenzo.
I had to walk by this every day to get from class to my house.
And you can see all of the tents and umbrellas on the right hand of this picture...
that is the open air market where I bought 2 leather purses, a leather jacket {my red one form my engagement pictures} and many many other souvenirs!
I figured...when will be the next time I come back? I might as well buy everything in site!
Wells Fargo was loving me!
Of all of the things to do in Firenze, make sure you climb the stairs of the Duomo!
It is amazing and you will not regret it!
Italia, you have my heart, and I will go back and visit you some day!
I promise!
Grazie Mille!












4 comments:
I love that picture with the statue, the alleyway and the Duomo in the background!
hi! i'm a new reader! i love your site! and i am SO jealous of your Italia trip! it is my number one must go destination! =)
Amazing... you were able to experience so much! I love Florence!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Your pictures are amazing, I would love to go to Italy on my honeymoon!
Post a Comment